Friday, April 11, 2008

Few words..

What is Internet?

Internet is a “series of tubes” where myriads and myriads of zeros and ones called bytes are transported by some trucks called packets. When packets pile up at the end of a tube, they transform themselves into something magic: information.

Nicholas Negroponte of the MIT Media Lab once said that "a bit has no color, size, or weight, and it can travel at the speed of light. It is the smallest atomic element in the DNA of information. It is a state of being: on or off, true or false, up or down, in or out, black or white."

What is marketing?

Marketing is the science that transforms selling into art.

According to John Caples, to accomplish this goal, one has to:

  1. Get attention
  2. Hold attention
  3. Create desire
  4. Make it believable (or a bargain)
  5. Prove it’s a bargain
  6. Make it easy to buy
  7. Give me a reason to buy it now!
  8. And if I may, I would add one more: you have to succeed in steps 1-7 again and again and again.

Also, it seems that when I buy a drill I actually look to buy some holes. Therefore, when I look to buy a dress, in fact what I seek is a better image of myself.

Speaking of which, it looks like I was born somewhere between the first email (1971) and first spam email ever sent (1978). Needless to say then that when Tim Berners-Lee proposed WWW (1990), I was already struggling with more important issues, such as school.

3 comments:

James Moore said...

Wow! Looks like future posts are going to be an explosion of ideas as you encapsulate a host of concepts.

Good luck!

James

Donazz said...

Hopefully!!! Thank you for your encouraging words:)

James Moore said...

You are more than welcome.


Search Engine Optimization